Tuesday 27 October 2009

NaNoWrimo 2009

Okay, I've gone and signed up for my second year of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for November.
That's a 50,000 word challenge to write a novel between 1st-31st November.

Just made it through last year by writing 'Neverville' - a children's fantasy tale, aided by the fact that it starred my own two children and I got to read it to them nightly to build interest and momentum.

This year, might go for the bigger challenge of just writing for me.

Likely to go with either a straight crime tale or something of a crime/horror crossover.

The fact that I'm seeing James Ellroy at the Royal Festival Hall on the second night of this year's challenge has got to influence what I write, so may turn out to be a tale set in LA even if I didn't start off planning it there!

Here goes nuthin'........

No comments:

Post a Comment