Friday 30 October 2009

Last night of goofing around - tomorrow night I can make a start.

Title has changed, having set it as 'With arms wide open', the replacement title 'Open wounds' came to me this morning.
I had a thought that I might do something which had some backstory to 9/11 - and then tonight, over a 5 minute sudden brainstorm whilst not thinking about the novel too much, it all came together in my head almost fully formed.
I have a beginning, the basis (I think) of a reasonable story which will combine all the areas I wanted to cover - mystery, crime, a touch of the supernatural and loss - and an ending, I've even seen the final scene in my head already.
Believe it or not, I've even had a thought about a possible cover for it too! - So might get the paintbrushes out when the writing starts to dry up!

So, maybe the sheer panic of not having a clue of what to write this year was enough to scare something in my grey matter into coming up with a pretty much fully packaged novel idea for me - cheers, brain.

So, although I don't ever like to plot things in a big way before starting out, at least I have some kind of mental roadmap which will, hopefully, get me from A all the way to Z during the 30 days of NaNo this year.

Have just signed my daughter up for the junior NaNo, with a setting of 1000 words target - makes 50,000 seem a much bigger number again....!

No comments:

Post a Comment